Burn Injuries New Orleans
No Upfront Fees
On Our Cases
With Our Office
Burn Injuries New Orleans
Louisiana Burn Injury Victims Burn injuries are some of the most painful and usually have long recovery times. It can also be a very expensive injury to recover from, as lengthy hospital stays are common. Victims of burn injuries and…
Louisiana Burn Injury Victims
Burn injuries are some of the most painful and usually have long recovery times. It can also be a very expensive injury to recover from, as lengthy hospital stays are common. Victims of burn injuries and their families do not have to suffer alone through this stressful time in Louisiana. New Orleans burn injury lawyers have many years’ experience handling victim’s burn injury claims. You may have questions about the treatment of burn injuries, complications that may be faced, and if the damages sustained would result in a successful burn injury claim. If you would like to have a free consult to discuss your burn injury, please call us at (504) 525-5211.
Causes of Preventable Fires
Many burn injuries in the United States are caused by circumstances that could be prevented if appropriate fire safety measures were followed or enforced. The incorrect use of fire protection, such as alarm systems and smoke detectors, can also be a contributing factor to burn victims suffering preventable injuries. Below are avoidable causes of fire cited by the U.S. Fire Administration:
- Defective electrical wiring
- Portable heaters
- Incorrectly stored hazardous materials
The American Burn Association or ABA estimates about 450,000 burn injury victims require medical attention in an emergency room or hospital each year. Much of these burn injury victims sustained agonizing pain, lifetime scarring, and costly medical bills. Burn injuries ended in fatalities in some of these cases, where families were left to mourn the loss of a beloved member who experienced immense agony.
If you or someone you care about has suffered a burn injury in the State of Louisiana due to the negligence of another individual or entity, contact a New Orleans burn injury attorney to get the necessary compensation needed to move forward.
Burn Injuries Effects
About 96 percent of victims with burn injuries survive the early incident; countless survivors may have painful and expensive consequences. Burn injuries can cause many damaging effects, such as scarring, deformity, and PTSD or post-traumatic stress. There can also be further complications many years down the road that you will need medical attention for. Having an experienced attorney helping you with your burn injury case will take into account your long-term needs. The lawyers at Cueria Law Firm has that experience and will work hard to get you everything that you are entitled to for your recovery.
Burn Statistics from The American Burn Association
- 44% of the total of burn center admissions resulted from flame or fire burns.
- 33% of all admissions to burn centers were the result of scalding injuries due to moist or wet heat.
- 9% of admissions to burn centers were due to direct contact with a hot source.
- 4% of burn center admissions were the result of electrical burns.
- 3% of admissions to burn centers were due to chemical burns.
- The remaining 7% of all admissions to burn centers were from other, miscellaneous sources.
Pediatric Burn Statistics from The American Burn Association for 2000
- Scalding injuries account for 200,000 injuries each year and is the leading cause of burn injury in children under the age of four.
- Approximately 50% of scald burns are the result of spilled food and beverages, while the remainder is due to hot objects and hot tap water.
- About 250,000 children under seventeen, require medical treatment due to burn injuries each year.
- Approximately 15,000 children require hospitalization each year due to burn injuries.
- Fire and burn injuries are the cause of death for about 1,100 children each year.
Death Burn Statistics from The American Burn Association
- An estimated 3,400 burn injury deaths occur each year in the United States.
- Residential fires account for 2,550 of these deaths.
- Vehicle crashes account for 300 of these deaths.
- Other causes, such as smoke inhalation, flames, electricity, and scalding, account for the remaining 550 deaths.
Contact a Louisiana Burn Injury Lawyer
If you or a family member are a victim of a burn injury in New Orleans or the surrounding area, seek the assistance of Cueria Law Firm. A Louisiana burn injury attorney can help with your fight toward recovery. You do not have to be alone while shouldering the stress of excessive medical expenses, rehabilitation, as well as continuing care. You might be eligible to receive compensation, but first, speak with a New Orleans burn injury attorney to ensure your rights are protected. (504) 525-5211
FREE CASE REVIEW
Speak to an Attorney Now!
We offer a free consultation for any person who contacts our New Orleans office with a potential personal injury case. We have no upfront retainer fees, and only collect our payment once we have successfully secured your settlement or trial award.
Awards & Honors
Attorney Brent Cueria founded the Cueria Law Firm, L.L.C. located in New Orleans, in order to focus on the representation of injured individuals, where his true passion is. Mr. Cueria uses his past experience to diligently advocate for the injured and disabled clients he now represents against the insurance companies.
Hotel Premises Liability Settlement
Automobile Accident Settlement
Tractor Trailer Injury
Jones Act Seaman Injured in Oil Spill
Jones Act Seaman Orthopedic Injury
Passenger in Truck Crash Trial
Positive Client Reviews
Talk to an Injury Attorney in
NEW ORLEANS for FREE
There are many factors that can affect the outcome of your case, but time is often the most important. Call Cueria Law Firm today to speak to an attorney about your claim, and get started on the path to physical, emotional and financial recovery.
The team at Cueria Law Firm is here to assist you in all steps of your case - setting up doctor's appointments, starting an insurance claim, requesting a rental car, and more. We understand life after an accident can be overwhelming, but you aren't going through it alone.