Commercial Diving is an inherently dangerous profession, and as a result, commercial diving accidents do occur. However, commercial diving accidents are preventable if divers are adequately trained and qualified, safety protocol is followed, and equipment is maintained. Diving accidents can be very complicated, and most will fall under federal maritime law. Due to the intricacies involved, it is important to contact an experienced attorney that understands the laws surrounding maritime injuries.
With Cueria Law Firm, we will move decisively to investigate all circumstances of a commercial diving accident and assess your rights under the Jones Act and other applicable federal and state laws. Exposing commercial diving accident causes and the negligence that factors into them is a proven strength of our collaborative legal team.
A Commercial Diving Accident Can Happen Due To:
- The many causes and factors associated with disabling or fatal decompression sickness
- Risks inherent in operating outside dive limits
- Encounters with differential pressure hazards, often resulting in catastrophic injuries or death due to entrapment.
- Offshore explosions and fires
- Equipment failures and on-vessel accidents with fatal consequences
Your challenges are undoubtedly significant in this traumatic time. We can help you to make sound decisions. Our proven Louisiana scuba diving death and injury attorneys will assess your legal options and offer straightforward counsel. Our focus is on pursuing fair compensation to address your financial needs, freeing you to focus on personal recovery.