Common Causes of Car Accidents in Louisiana
No Upfront Fees
On Our Cases
With Our Office
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Louisiana
Car Accidents Happen Every Day in Louisiana Car accidents take place regularly in New Orleans, and no two accidents are the same. There are many reasons that an accident can occur, from a distracted driver to the roadways being unsafe….
Car Accidents Happen Every Day in Louisiana
Car accidents take place regularly in New Orleans, and no two accidents are the same. There are many reasons that an accident can occur, from a distracted driver to the roadways being unsafe. Many car accidents are preventable if drivers exhibit proper caution and care while driving. Unfortunately, not everyone is a diligent driver, and accidents will occur, leading to damages, injury, and sometimes death.
Below are a few common causes of New Orleans automobile accidents:
- Unmaintained Vehicle—any vehicle on the roadway should be maintained as required. From oil changes to brake servicing, cars and trucks need regular maintenance to ensure proper operation. When a vehicle is not maintained correctly, it can lead to danger as crashes will occur.
- Roadways are Unsafe—we rely on the Louisiana government to keep our local New Orleans roadways safe. In some cases, unmaintained roads can lead to accidents. Such instances as missing traffic signs, potholes, and limited visibility on the roadway can lead to a car crash.
- Driving while Intoxicated—when an impaired driver is on the roadways, it can only end in disaster. Drivers who have been drinking have little to no cognitive function, which leads to slower reaction times. The driver can crash their vehicle into someone else or place themselves in danger by running off the roadway or into oncoming traffic.
- Distracted Drivers—another big issue today is distracted drivers. From texting to social media, drivers are using their mobile phones more while driving. Drivers that mess with the radio while driving can cause an accident. Drivers should always remain focused on the roadway to avoid becoming distracted and being in a crash.
- Underage drivers – teenagers are just learning the rules of the road and how to navigate driving an automobile. This inexperience is another cause of many accidents on the road.
- Speeding – many drivers will go well above the speed limit. They may drive anywhere from 10 miles to 30 miles over the posted limit. Speeding can cause a severe or fatal crash as the faster you are driving, the slower your time of reacting to conditions ahead of you will be.
- Driving too close – driving too close to the person in front of you is also a big issue that causes car accidents. You must leave enough rough between you and the car in front of you to allow a proper stop if something happens.
These are just a few of the common reasons that automobile accidents can occur in Louisiana.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a car wreck due to the negligence of others, learn more about your legal rights by contacting one of our New Orleans car accident attorneys today. You may have a driver-negligence or personal injury case where compensation is owed to you.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Speak to an Attorney Now!
We offer a free consultation for any person who contacts our New Orleans office with a potential personal injury case. We have no upfront retainer fees, and only collect our payment once we have successfully secured your settlement or trial award.
Awards & Honors
Attorney Brent Cueria founded the Cueria Law Firm, L.L.C. located in New Orleans, in order to focus on the representation of injured individuals, where his true passion is. Mr. Cueria uses his past experience to diligently advocate for the injured and disabled clients he now represents against the insurance companies.
Hotel Premises Liability Settlement
Automobile Accident Settlement
Tractor Trailer Injury
Jones Act Seaman Injured in Oil Spill
Jones Act Seaman Orthopedic Injury
Passenger in Truck Crash Trial
Positive Client Reviews
Talk to an Injury Attorney in
NEW ORLEANS for FREE
There are many factors that can affect the outcome of your case, but time is often the most important. Call Cueria Law Firm today to speak to an attorney about your claim, and get started on the path to physical, emotional and financial recovery.
The team at Cueria Law Firm is here to assist you in all steps of your case - setting up doctor's appointments, starting an insurance claim, requesting a rental car, and more. We understand life after an accident can be overwhelming, but you aren't going through it alone.