Auto Accident Attorney New Orleans
Protecting Your Legal Rights Following an Auto Accident
When you’ve been injured in an auto accident, the medical bills and daily expenses become added stress during the recovery process. Knowing this, insurance companies will offer a low-ball settlement to victims of car crashes in hopes that they won’t have the strength to fight for fair compensation. Don’t be a victim twice, call the auto accident attorney at Cueria Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation.
Auto Accidents and Injuries
What Louisiana Drivers Need to Know About Auto Accidents
There are many reasons you may be eligible to make a personal injury claim following a car accident in Louisiana. An experienced auto accident attorney such as the one on our team at Cueria Law Firm, LLC, will be able to prove your injury happened due to the actions of another party and hold them responsible for damages.
Damages You Can Receive Compensation for Following an Auto Accident
Victims of a personal injury accident, including those involved in auto accidents, face different types of hardship because of their accidents. This means you will need to negotiate a claim to be compensated for both economic and non-economic damages:
- Economic damages are what we can easily quantify as consequences you faced because of the other driver’s reckless actions. This includes medical expenses, lost wages from inability to work, and the loss or limited ability to work in the future.
- Non-economic damages are a little harder to quantify, but still have a large impact on a person’s quality of life. This includes pain and suffering, loss of consortium and mental anguish. While these are considered non-economic, they often have an economic consequence for those injured in an auto accident.
Proving Fault in an Auto Accident
The majority of car accident insurance claims are based off of negligence, meaning one person behaved recklessly, causing a car crash. A Louisiana driver can cause a car crash by speeding, disobeying traffic signals or signs, or operating their car while intoxicated, to name a few. In these cases you will need an experienced auto injury attorney to determine how the driver was negligent and the compensation you deserve as a result.
While negligent drivers are the most common cause of personal injury claims, there may be other responsible parties you can make a claim against. Our team at Cueria Law Firm, LLC includes experienced personal injury attorneys who will review your case for manufacturer liability (faulty or defected parts), road liability (failure of State or Federal government to maintain public roadways) and employer liability (failure of a business to properly train staff who drive for them). We are also well-versed in ridesharing accidents, in which a company such as Lyft or Uber may be held liable for the actions of their contracted drivers.
Auto Accident Cases & Information
Attorney R. Brent Cueria, Esq. of Cueria Law Firm, L.L.C. talking about Car Accidents
Car Accident Attorney New Orleans
Cueria Law Firm, LLC, is a top personal injury firm based in New Orleans, Louisiana. For over twenty years our attorney has worked to provide the community with superior representation to obtain financial settlements needed for our clients to recover from their auto accident injuries.
We handle your case from start to finish, keeping track of all applicable legal rules and regulations which apply to your case. Once you’ve hired the auto accident lawyer at Cueria Law Firm, LLC, our team will get started on the following:
- Requesting police reports, medical records and other evidence to support your claim.
- Hiring forensic experts and contacting witnesses who can support your claim.
- Setting up insurance claims for bodily injury with all responsible parties insurance companies.
- Making appointments with doctors, chiropractors and other specialists you need to treat your injuries.
- Negotiating a fair settlement offer with the insurance company to make sure you have the money you need to recover from your accident.
- Handling all medical payments, including outstanding bills from the day of your accident.
While we handle your case, we will keep you aware of what’s going on, making sure you know your rights and options for fair compensation. With our winning strategy, you will receive proper compensation for your injuries whether it be through negotiation, mediation or trial.
At Cueria Law Firm LLC, we don’t take payment until you’ve been paid. Our consultations are free, and we require no upfront fees be paid until you have received the compensation you deserve for your injuries. To schedule a free consultation, contact our firm today by calling (504) 525-5211.
Other Transportation Accident Cases We Handle
If you were driving a car at the time of your accident, but the other party involved was driving any of the following, your case will be different from that of an auto accident. You can click the links to find more information about the accident types.