New Orleans Trucking Accident Attorney
No Upfront Fees
On Our Cases
With Our Office
New Orleans Trucking Accident Attorney
Trucking Accident Injuries When a driver is involved in an auto accident with an 18 wheeler or other large truck, it’s likely to have extreme consequences. Large trucks can be 20-30x the size and weight of a regular passenger vehicle,…
Trucking Accident Injuries
When a driver is involved in an auto accident with an 18 wheeler or other large truck, it’s likely to have extreme consequences. Large trucks can be 20-30x the size and weight of a regular passenger vehicle, meaning their impact can lead to severe injuries.
These injuries can be permanent or life-threatening, and include:
· Brain Injury
· Spinal Injury
· Broken Bones
· Burn Injuries
· Psychological Trauma
Not only will these types of injuries require costly medical attention, but they will also affect your ability to work. So while medical bills continue to come in, your paycheck may not. That’s why victims of a trucking accident turn to an experienced personal injury attorney for help, like Cueria Law Firm, LLC.
Don’t Accept an Insurance Offer After a Trucking Accident
Insurance companies often take advantage of the distress that victims of trucking accidents experience and use it to their advantage. They’ll offer you a quick lump sum of money in exchange for you to end your claim. While this money may help you at the moment, it is likely a lot less money than you would be entitled to. It also would not pay for any future expenses that may arise from the accident. Before accepting an offer from an insurance company, seek a consultation with a trucking accident attorney. They can review your case for future expenses and damages that you may be entitled to.
While you’re recovering from your truck accident, our team at Cueria Law Firm, LLC, will review your case to identify the cause of the accident. We will conduct a thorough investigation and build the case to present to the insurance company. This allows you to concentrate on your recovery while knowing that your rights are protected.
A few things we’ll be looking for include:
· Were industry regulations followed by the truck company?
· Was the truck properly maintained before and during its use?
· Did the driver of the truck follow all applicable traffic laws leading up to the accident?
· We may also look into the trucking company’s hiring and training practices to determine if the driver was prepared to go out onto the road.
Once we’ve identified the parties that you have a claim against, we’ll go to work building your case. This process includes gathering all written documentation of the accident itself, as well as documentation of the injuries that you suffered. We will request police reports, medical reports, and statements from any witnesses or forensic experts to strengthen your claim against the truck.
What To Do After a Trucking Accident
It is important to know what to do after an accident involving an 18 wheeler or other large truck. No one anticipates a trucking accident, and the aftermath may feel chaotic. Follow these steps for the best outcome with your case:
1. Contact the police. Having an officer respond to the scene means a police report will be filed. This document is often the first piece of evidence reviewed when assigning liability in the trucking accident. Police reports contain the involved party’s information, their insurance details, and the trucking company’s information. All of this is needed to file your insurance claim after a trucking accident.
2. Seek medical treatment. Not all injuries will be noticeable in the moments following the trucking accident. Because of this, all involved parties should seek medical attention in an emergency room to be cleared by a physician. If you deny medical attention at the scene, you may have a harder time proving that the trucking accident injured you.
3. Collect proof at the scene of the accident. If you can walk comfortably, take photos of the scene of the accident. Gather the contact information of any witnesses and take note of any security cameras which can strengthen your claim after the trucking accident. You can also use your phone to take photos of the property damage or your injuries.
4. Consult a trucking accident attorney. Your claim will be more complicated than a standard auto accident claim because it will deal with large trucking companies and their insurance. By consulting with an experienced trucking accident attorney like Cueria Law Firm, you will set yourself up for the best possible outcome.
Hiring an Experienced Trucking Accident Attorney
Cueria Law Firm, LLC, has over 25 years of experience with personal injury law and trucking accidents. Our attorney works tirelessly to help repair the damage a truck crash can cause to families and wants to help you get your life back also. We will work together to ensure that you receive the proper financial settlement.
If you or a loved one were injured in a truck crash, we urge you to contact our New Orleans trucking accident attorney today at 504-525-5211. Don’t delay so that we can begin collecting evidence and building a strong case against the negligent party.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Speak to an Attorney Now!
We offer a free consultation for any person who contacts our New Orleans office with a potential personal injury case. We have no upfront retainer fees, and only collect our payment once we have successfully secured your settlement or trial award.
Awards & Honors
Attorney Brent Cueria founded the Cueria Law Firm, L.L.C. located in New Orleans, in order to focus on the representation of injured individuals, where his true passion is. Mr. Cueria uses his past experience to diligently advocate for the injured and disabled clients he now represents against the insurance companies.
Hotel Premises Liability Settlement
Automobile Accident Settlement
Tractor Trailer Injury
Jones Act Seaman Injured in Oil Spill
Jones Act Seaman Orthopedic Injury
Passenger in Truck Crash Trial
Positive Client Reviews
Talk to an Injury Attorney in
NEW ORLEANS for FREE
There are many factors that can affect the outcome of your case, but time is often the most important. Call Cueria Law Firm today to speak to an attorney about your claim, and get started on the path to physical, emotional and financial recovery.
The team at Cueria Law Firm is here to assist you in all steps of your case - setting up doctor's appointments, starting an insurance claim, requesting a rental car, and more. We understand life after an accident can be overwhelming, but you aren't going through it alone.